Monteverde Cloud Forest, Hanging Bridges, and Butterflies Garden is a mixture of mystical environments with a touch of magic in their nature, and you rainforest beauty and learning, conservation, and environmental education. A great opportunity for you to see the tropical highlands nature at its best!
Monteverde Cloud Forest Hanging Bridges and Butterflies Garden Tour starts when you leave the port of call and get into the Pan American Highway seeing different landscapes as you go along, as it happens all throughout this small country, the biodiversity of Costa Rica shows itself everywhere. You will detour from the main road and get into an area of cattle fields, small towns, and agriculture… up until… You get to THE road to Monteverde.
The road to Monteverde is preceded by its reputation… as a way to defend their area, the descendants of the original Quakers that came here in the ’50s, decided to protect their paradise where you’ll see winding roads with abrupt slopes with gorgeous views all throughout it.
But the beauty of the area exceeds the idea and Monteverde is one of the most visited destinations in Costa Rica.
And you will see why as you arrive at the Cloud Forest.
The area where you have the first contact with this magical sort of rainforest has six bridges in total… some of them right in the canopy… some of them over the jungle. This is so great to see wildlife! Birds, monkeys, or even the reluctant Resplendent Quetzal, the most beautiful bird of the tropics can be watched from these areas when you are lucky… and even if the only birds you watch are the elusive swallows, the views from the top are extraordinary.
After this great passage by the most mystical of all rainforests, you will enjoy a great typical lunch spiced up with the delicious flavors of Costa Rican vegetables and fruits.
As you finish your healthy and delicious lunch, you will be back in the van to go to one of the most serious and well-planned butterfly gardens in all Costa Rica, since it is not only extremely well cared but worked and done by people with a passion for insects and butterflies… and it shows.
And even if the weather in Monteverde is usually chilly, you will see in this “mariposario”, particular butterflies from all Costa Rican climates (Including the magical Blue Morpho) and the reason why, is because they have created natural areas designed to be warmer or cooler, depending on the need and so that the display of these beautiful live insects can be limitless.
At the end of this magnificent learning experience, you will be taken back to your ship with this unforgettable day forever in your heart.
What to bring?
- In terms of shoes… Closed shoes, hopefully walking or hiking. No flip flops.
- Short pants are not recommended since it can get chilly and rainy. Temperature falls sometimes to 60 F (15Â°C).
- Repellent and Sunscreen.Â You will be in the rainforest, and in the tropics. And even if under the canopy (In the forest) the UV tropical sun rays trespass anything. On the other hand, mosquitoes are the lords and owners of the rainforest. You are a visitor. So, simply wear your repellent.
- Camera, and enough memory in it!
- If you want to bring a rain jacket is fine. Rain ponchos are recommended.
- Binoculars are really advised. Every now and then there are amazing wonders up in the canopy. The Resplendent Quetzal, the Bell Bird, and even monkeys can be common visitors in the same trails that we use.
- And certainly… Your appetite and credit cards! Shopping in these areas is quite unique.
Euros may present a slighter problem sometimes.
What is included?
- Luxurious Transportation
Bilingual Specialized Tour Guide
Monteverde Hanging Bridges Entrance Fee
Delicious Typical Lunch
Butterfly Garden Entrance Fee