The Corobici River Floating Tour is a tour about soft adventure framed by the most beautiful tropical settings perfect for anyone who likes wildlife in its natural state.
Your journey starts as you leave the pier and begin witnessing the changes that are the only permanent thing in Costa Rica’s landscape. You will be passing through some of the 2% left of Dry Tropical Forest in the World.
This rare tropical forest is characterized for having very strong season differences and depending on the time of year you come, you will see either a luscious green humid and beautiful area, or a dry, yet, filled up with flowers landscape with huge trees on the side of the road and patient and impressive Brahma cattle on the side.
This is an I-II rafting tour, so the tour itself starts with an explanation of the procedures in the raft, that even being simple and very easy are important to be heard and known.
Once instructions are given, you will be sitting on the raft, and this is where the real voyage starts…
Gliding down the fast current in this fast current blue river, you will be witnessing the tropical wildlife at its best… Caimans, monkeys, and up to 300 species of birds are common visitors of this river, and your guides will be pointing at them as soon as they appear on the sandbanks.
In this river, paddling will always be a choice, and it really depends on you if you want to take a bit of action or just relax and feel how the emerald surroundings take you on a trip you will never forget.
As you finish the tour, you will enjoy lunch at a great setting restaurant in front of the river… sometimes with the howling of the monkeys as background music.
What to bring?
- In terms of shoes… Closed shoes, tennis shoes would be great!
- Swimsuit and a change of clothes
- Repellent and Sunscreen.? You will be in the rainforest, and in the tropics. And even if under the canopy (In the forest) the UV tropical sun rays trespass anything. On the other hand, mosquitoes are the lords and owners of the rainforest. You are a visitor. So, simply wear your repellent.
- Camera, and enough memory in it!
- If you want to bring a rain jacket is fine. Rain ponchos are recommended.
- Binoculars are really advised. Every now and then there are amazing wonders up in the canopy.. the Howler Monkeys can be common visitors around the river
- And certainly… Your appetite and credit cards! Shopping in these areas is quite unique.
Euros may present a slighter problem sometimes.
What is included?
- Luxurious Transportation
- Bilingual Specialized Tour Guide
- Floating tour on the Corobici River
- Delicious Typical Lunch