As you depart the pier you will begin noticing the extraordinary in Costa Rica… The green. The luscious… The life! Costa Rica is really a country that is described by their daily motto: Pura Vida… Pure Life! and nowhere in this macrodiverse country this pure life shows as it does in the Caribbean Coast region.
It is a place full of life even in the pasture areas or the bananas plantations, you will see how life here smiles and laughs at its own abundance!
You will be on the main road for a while and up until you get to a detour where you will begin seeing some of the landscapes of the country areas of Costa Rica. This “real” Costa Rica is simple and beautiful. And we are sure that it would be a gift before you arrive to the amazing Veragua Rainforest.
In this half day tour you will be on board of an aerial tram that will take you over a breathtaking primary rainforest. Ths sights of a thousand shades of green will hit your soul and make you look at life from a different point of view… Forever.
It is when we see the rainforest at its best like this that we understand that life is limitless! Wild and free!
Once this experience gets into you you will be walking by one of the trails in this fantastic realm until you get to everyone dream when going to a rainforest… A waterfall. A pristine and magical waterfall in the middle of the jungle.
Afterwards and on the way back to the ship, you will visit one of the active banana plantations and see their Packing House at work with the men in the fields and the women in the packing area… (Except on Sundays)
This will make you value the fruit forever… And this is our goal, and what traveling is about: Changing lives.
Back in the port of Limon we will have a sightseeing tour through the city before getting you back in the ship.
What to bring?
- In terms of shoes… You will be at the rainforest… It can be muddy, it can have insects… Our recco would be hiking, tennis shoes or similar.
- Shorts, skirts, the place is pretty warm and so is the banana plantation. However because of the AC the bus can be a bit chilly, so bring a light jacket.
- Repellent and Sunscreen. You will be in the rainforest, and in the tropics. And even if under the canopy (In the forest) the UV tropical sun rays trespass anything. On the other hand, mosquitoes are the lords and owners of the rainforest. You are a visitor. So, simply wear your repellent.
- Camera, and enough memory in it!
- If you want to bring a rain jacket is fine. Rain ponchos are recommended.
- Binoculars are really advised. Every now and then there are amazing wonders up in the canopy.. the Howler and Spider monkeys and other gifts…
And certainly… Your credit cards! The shopping in these areas is quite unique.
What is included?
- Luxurious Transportation
- Bilingual Specialized Tour Guide
- Veragua Rainforest, Tram, Research Station and Trails.
- Banana Plantation Visit