We start the Caribbean Highlights tour leaving the pier and going to a fruit stand… As you might know in the Caribbean there are fruits that you can’t find anywhere else…
And even the regular fruits taste as well that seem to be different! So, we will have you try some of these nature delicatessens.
Afterward, we will go to the very heart of the rain forest, along with our naturalist tour guide that will teach you about the zoology and botany of the tropical forest’s ecosystem. Looking for poisonous colorful frogs, amazing blue butterflies, and fantastic rainbow-colored birds.
After the rain forest experience, you will visit a banana plantation and packing house, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained including harvesting, processing, packing, and exportation.
From there we will drive to the region of Moin where we will be boarding our boat to get into the amazing Tortuguero Canals, a labyrinth of beautiful rainforest where you can spot dozens of aquatic birds and hopefully monkeys and other mammals.
And we will end the day at Playa Bonita (Pretty Beach) where we can enjoy some of the warm Caribbean waters and then we’ll finish the tour with a City Sightseeing tour of the port of Limon.
What to bring?
- In terms of shoes… You will be at the rainforest… It can be muddy, it can have insects… Our recco would be hiking, tennis shoes or similar.
- Shorts, skirts, the place is pretty warm and so is the banana plantation. However because of the A/C, the bus can be a bit chilly, so bring a light jacket.
- Repellent and Sunscreen. You will be in the rainforest, and in the tropics. And even if under the canopy (In the forest) the UV tropical sun rays trespass anything. On the other hand, mosquitoes are the lords and owners of the rainforest. You are a visitor. So, simply wear your repellent.
- Camera, and enough memory in it!
- If you want to bring a rain jacket is fine. Rain ponchos are recommended.
- Binoculars are really advised. Every now and then there are amazing wonders up in the canopy.. the Howler and Spider monkeys and other gifts…
Euros may present a slighter problem sometimes.
What is included?
- Luxurious Transportation
- Bilingual Specialized Tour Guide
- Fruit Tasting Experience
- Banana Plantation
- Tortuguero Canals Boat Safari
- Playa Bonita Beach
- Limon Port Sightseeing